Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ready for December 1?

I just found this darling Advent Calendar in the making...



Isn't it adorable? Just look at the sweet ornaments...


She was inspired by this advent calendar from So Happy :



We had an advent countdown tree when I was growing up and we loved it so much. It was a lot like these...felt with numbered pockets. But we had tiny wooden ornaments that we'd pin onto the tree. We'd take turns each day putting them on, my sisters and brother and I, and it meant so much to us. Such a special memory. 

So December 1 is tomorrow...do you have an advent countdown ready?


6 comments:

Alice said...

This is so sweet! If only I could sew!

We have an Advent wreath with candles that we light at supper time. In years past we have had a paper advent calendar from our church which has little 'doors' that open up to see a bible verse.

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I can see why you have special memories, a wooden ornament for each day sounds so lovely! I have just made my children an advent calendar with 24 mini stockings and got it finished *just* in time! I can't wait to see your doll house room box, decked out for Christmas....

Betty Crafter said...

I was so inspired by the beautiful advent calendar you made last year that I knew I would be making one this year! I posted about it if you're interested: http://www.bettycrafter.com/?p=611

Jennifer Hepler-Takens said...

I found a playmobil Advent calendar! It's so much fun!

Amy M. said...

So adorable!!!

-Amy

Katie R said...

so lovely!