Tuesday, October 28, 2008

gifts for the fairies...and other delights


I am so happy with these little cakes on tiny silver cake plates! They've been so much fun to make.

I was inspired to make them after seeing a ring that Julie Collings showed in her wonderful book, Pretty Little Felts. (The ring is available through her etsy shop...it's so sweet!)
I contacted Julie to ask if I could use her idea as inspiration for these sweet little cakes...she said yes and I've been making them ever since!

And just the thing to put out with your little fairy cake, an itty bitty tea set...

And the tiniest cup of coffee ever!

I've also been making little worlds in matchboxes...




And, finally! I made another Have Craft, Will Travel kit for you...






I've been working all day to photograph and put all this online! You can find all of this here.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars!! Miss Sugar Fairy, you have outdone yourself! They are all so pretty, I don't know where to begin! Everything looks so wonderful!!!

Decor To Adore said...

It is pure sweet goodness!

Jenni B said...

Oh, I just love your little cakes. Those are so sweet! And your little matchbook worlds? Darling!

Jenni B

POPIN Sisters said...

Those kits are soooo cute Amy!! (so are the sugarville houses)

Check out our blog, we were nominated for a major award...we need your vote!!! :)
~Jamie & Wendy

Unknown said...

Amy, you make magical things, I love them all, but I really love the little worlds in matchboxes. I have just taken a class in altered books, and the teacher uses matchboxes to place in little nooks that she carves out in her altered books. These little matchboxes are amazing. Karen

Jo said...

Amy, you take my breath away! Your sweet little treats are so darling, and your photographs perfect - I want to reach through the computer and touch the soft cakes, and turn the little matchbox worlds around for a different view!

Anonymous said...

Wait till the word gets out!!
You will have fairies galore knocking at your door. ;-)
Lucky you!
Love your pretty cakes.
Sweet and divine!
xox
Constance

La Donna Welter said...

Amy,
So very, very cute!
Hugs,
La Donna

Katie Runnels said...

Amy! I don't know how you do it! So cute and dainty! My giant fingers couldn't even handle them! Love them all! Thanks for the Anthro photos too! Way to go! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Incredible and adorable!

Lola Enchanted said...

Pure bliss!!!! I LOVE it!!!~

xoxo, Chloe said...

All that stuff is so neat. I especially like the fairy tea cakes.

Erica Kelly said...

my gosh! how cute are those felt creations??? and the matchbox idea is GENIUS! love love love!

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh wow i love LOVE love your little cake creations, those are absolutely the cutest little things ever!!! and i am just blown away with your little matchbox worlds... you have totally inspired me!!! i'm so inspired i don't even know where to start!!! i make these little matchbox shrines, but your little matchbox worlds are giving me the most fabulous ideas!!!

thank you for the glorious eye candy, happy halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

My kit and cakes arrived today! What fun! The cakes are even more adorable than the pictures! And, as usual, the kit is full of wonderful treasurers. Thanks so much!!