Thursday, April 13, 2006

good morning sunshine

I woke up this morning sometime within the 3 o'clock hour. I could have stayed in bed and waited for sleep to come again but I didn't. I got out of bed for these three reasons.

1. a bird was chirp chirp chirping to beat the band outside my window and I don't think he had plans to stop anytime soon. (He's still chirping at 8)

2. my heart is feeling funny today...it sort of feels like it is turning over. Not a gentle turning over but how you might turn over in bed when your bedfellow has taken all of the covers and you are going to reclaim them by pulling them as you thump yourself over. That's how my poor heart was feeling.

3. a thousand worries were swimming circles in my head. I have so much to do today.

So I hopped out of bed and got to work. I made myself a cup of tea and printed out my orders. I put the radio on and got busy putting the orders together. Before I knew it, I had them all ready with just a couple of exceptions. I needed to go to my new workroom to do just a few things for the next three orders.

There are two dormer windows in this room and for some reason they are extremely deep and narrow. One of the dormer windows is actually in the closet! It's totally wasted space since it is so narrow but I've always sort of liked it for its strangeness. Well, the other day I dreamed up something fabulous for it. I put my old daybed/cot in and it fits perfectly!



When I looked into the closet this morning at goodness knows what time, I just couldn't resist. Rain had just started to fall and the bird was still chirping and I just climbed right into the little bed. I didn't really go to sleep. I just sort of rested until the sun filled the little room. It was very nice. I think this little spot will be just perfect for afternoon naps. Yes, indeedy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice "comfort spot" you have! I wish I had a spot like that. It looks like a nice place to read and relax.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely spot! I dream of someday having a big room to hold all my work, projects and craft things, with enough room for a daybed and big comfy chairs for reading, snoozing and such. I even have it decorated in my mind's eye.

I hope your heart is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh - I love it! What a cozy nook for you to relax in. And the window right overhead is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Everything will be alright with your sweet heart. I will pray a little prayer for you today.

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! A beautiful spot to call your own. We all need a little place like that. Enjoy!!