Sunday, April 23, 2006

Flower and Garden Show

What a beautiful day it's turned out to be! We went to the Leesburg Flower and Garden Show and it was terrific. Two words for you: Kettle Corn. I just ate a whole bag as we drove down the winding country roads returning home.



Here's a picture of a garden display from the show. It was just outside of the hobby shop, hence the train. I love it. Isn't it fun?



These are the most beautiful flowers from a wedding yesterday at a church just up the street from the cottage. The arrangements (one on each pillar) were in beautiful stone urns yesterday but not today.
I love the cherry blossoms, especially because of what they mean to the DC area this time of year. Oh, and being pink doesn't hurt.


This is a house that I pass whenever I take the country roads to and from the cottage. I always look for it and admire it. It's so tidy and sweet. It has quite a few little outbuildings around and I dream of how nice it would be to have a separate little house for Inspire Company.

I was at the cottage all day yesterday and Friday, too. I changed my little room. I didn't take pictures and I'm not sure why not. I will on Tuesday, for sure.

Jenny was supposed to come by the cottage for a visit while she's here in Virginia but I wonder if all of the hullabalou of the Flower and Garden Show scared her off. Lots of streets were closed and I imagine it would be confusing for someone unfamiliar with the area. I'm sorry it didn't work out...I was excited to meet her.

The cottage is all abuzz with anticipation for The Paris Flea Market. It's going to be so much fun. Doojies and Little Melfred will be there, plus lots of artists and antiques and wonderful finds. If you are in the area, I do hope you'll be able to stop by. It's on Friday and Saturday. We are praying for sunny skies.

I think I'm going to treat myself to a little nap now. I'm feeling deliciously sleepy and think I could drift off nicely. I think I'll dream of Kettle Corn and Cherry Blossoms and my sweet little pink striped room at the cottage. What a life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah...lovely, lovely! i wish i lived down the street from you so that we could go do fun stuff together! thanks for sharing your lovely day and lovely photos!
hugs,
maryann

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the Paris Flea Market! I've been looking forward to it for a long time & have been excited for the chance to return to the Cottage. Hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

Amy - me and kettle corn - it is not a pretty sight! The flowers are beautiful, thanks for sharing them

Anonymous said...

I am so determined to visit the Cottage one of these days. Every time you mention it, I just yearn for a visit. Promise to do it very soon, hopefully on a day you will be there!

Jeanette :)