Wednesday, February 22, 2006

hippity hoppity



Looky here! Isn't this just about the cutest thing ever? I picked the egg up yesterday at The Cottage and the egg cup is from my shop (it'll be up soon with the Spring things!).

Want to make your own grass filled egg? Use an egg cutter like this one to cut off the top of a raw egg. Empty the egg. Carefully fill the egg with soil using a funnel. Sprinkle in wheatgrass seed and cover lightly with a little more soil. Keep the soil moist while the seeds germinate. You can cover egg with plastic wrap to make a little greenhouse. Once the grass starts growing, water with just a spoonful of water everyday. It should last for about 2 to 3 weeks.

You can dye your egg first for fun colored eggs but it looks just as pretty with brown or white eggs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute is that??? I wish that I could thing up such creative things.

Anonymous said...

so darling!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww that is adorable! ~ Belle :)
http://www.blogdoodles.com

Anonymous said...

That's adorable. I am totally doing that. Hope you're well -- I promise I'll send you a sneak peek on Monday, okay? I didn't finish anything. XO, a